- The Scientist / Lab Manager is responsible for leading all technical activity of a project evaluating products within applications including new products, current products, and competitive ingredient samples.
- Provide sales with technical expertise needed to work closely with customers. This may include participation in customer presentations to resolve product issues and/or taking customer technical calls.
- Coordinate the work of all resources, providing technical mentoring in design and execution of experiments.
- Direct new product development and work closely with manufacturing on integrating new formulas into production and assisting with plant scale-up.
- Direct the Project Leaders (Applications Technologists, Food Scientists, Food Techs) to use and maintain all lab equipment as necessary.
- $85K-$105K. Relocation provided.
- The Scientist / Lab Manager will have a BS or MS degree in Food Science or a related discipline.
- 10+ years of related technical service/research and development experience, including working directly with sales and customers. Beverage applications development a big plus.
- Application development experience in the health and nutrition/ food ingredient industry. Possess a comprehensive knowledge of products, formulations, and current nutritional and health trends.
- Familiarity with principals of flavor and dairy chemistry and applications development in the Food/Beverage, Bakery, Dairy or related industries.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.