- The Safety Superintendent ensures alignment and coordination of shared safety and health work processes with the business strategy.
- Measures safety and health performance by identifying key measures of progress, understanding limits and boundaries of data, and creating mileposts and symbols to rally support and encourage improvement.
- Monitors current and future safety and health regulatory requirements.
- Establishes systems and leverage technology to identify, assess, manage, and mitigate occupational safety and health risks and ensures regulatory compliance with applicable Federal, State or Provincial, local regulations, and Company policies.
- Assist sites with periodic recertification submissions and annual self-assessments. Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Relocation provided. $110K-$130K.
- The Safety Superintendent will have a BS degree in a safety, industrial hygiene, occupational health, or related field is preferred.
- 5 years of directly related experience in the safety field in the chemical industry (or similar).
- A CSP, CRSP, CIH or similar certification.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including employee development and engagement skills.
- People management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history.