- The Product Engineer / Technical Engineer will provide technical assistance, support and coordinate launch activities for new product launches. Activities to include Tooling and Tooling controls, equipment and equipment controls.
- Provide support to Operations, Quality, Design Engineering and Maintenance, in order to resolve manufacturing issues and to drive Continuous Process Improvements. Train, and mentor others.
- Oversee project timelines, equipment milestones and critical paths.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives and cost savings through application of Lean and Six Sigma Manufacturing techniques such as 5S, SMED and Error-proofing.
- Participate in APQP meeting and product launches to ensure a smooth transition from design and launch phases into manufacturing.
- Develop PFMEA’s to identify and minimize any potential issues.
- Relocation provided. $80K-$90K.
- The Product Engineer / Technical Engineer will have a BS degree with an engineering major.
- 5+ years of experience in Tier 1 automotive product manufacturing including experience leading product launches.
- Understand MS Project timeline management and critical path.
- Provide risk assessment on projects.
- Understanding of various types of tooling and standards (thermal forming, steel rule dies, etc.).
- Functional knowledge of the APQP process and requirements for automotive PPAP. Functional knowledge of Lean, Six-Sigma and TPM doctrines.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.