- The Process Improvement Engineer regularly engages the project steering team to ensure alignment with business and functional direction, request staffing support, seek assistance with issue resolution, make strategic project decisions and provide status updates, throughout execution of all aspects of the project.
- Assesses team functional capability, identifies expertise gaps within the project team and solicits the steering team for necessary staffing support. Provides leadership for an effective and cohesive team by ensuring roles and responsibilities are clearly understood, team member workloads are reasonable, cross-function communications are adequate, and personality conflicts are managed, for owner and contract members. Engages outside consultants when needed to support the team.
- Ensures the FEL process is followed consistent with the business needs, all required FEL deliverables are accomplished in a quality manner, and leads the project gatekeeping reviews. Leads the team in identifying non-cap alternatives or lower capital options, evaluating scope options, conducting risks analyses and developing mitigation plans. Ensures excellence in adherence to PSM, SHE, MIQA, GMP, export controls and trade secrets principles, and other core value standards, processes and procedures.
- Defines and analyzes KPI’s to insure overall performance expectations for the project are met, and communicates results to the steering team and appropriate functional leaders.
- $80K-$110K. Relocation provided.
- The Process Engineer will have a BS in Engineering (chemical preferred). A PMP certification is a plus.
- Experience chemical manufacturing or similar process industry.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a changing environment to meet challenging business needs.
- Experience managing projects.
- Six Sigma, PSM and GMP a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.