- Development of basic and detailed design of additions or modifications to existing facilities, as well as the potential for new plants. Process Engineering Support for capital project scope development includes the development of PFD’s, P&ID’s, equipment and instrumentation specification sheets, equipment sizing, instrument data and line list data, etc. in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
- Process engineering support is for all phases of capital project development, including focus on basic engineering packages for detailed design. Develop process engineering expertise in the supported batch plant. Support economic and technical evaluation of alternatives for investment projects.
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to complete detailed design packages for chemical processes. Perform process modeling to support design of new processes and troubleshooting of existing processes.
- Support environmental permitting by providing calculations and reviewing permit applications for Capital Projects. Review work performed by outside contractor process engineering. Responsible for process simulations and process engineering studies.
- Relocation provided.
- BS in Chemical Engineering and a minimum 7+ years of process engineering experience required.
- Experience in a chemical/petrochemical plant or other similar manufacturing environment.
- Previous production or process engineering experience in batch plants preferred.
- Good understanding of process equipment design including mixing, separations, heat transfer, pressure safety relief valve, etc.
- Must be able to apply process tools to design piping systems, calculate pressure relief valve sizes, complete material and energy balances, and perform process optimization studies.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Chemdad, Aspen.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.