• The Engineering Manager will identify and implement process improvements which result in higher throughput, improved efficiencies, recognizable cost savings and more consistent product quality. Will plan and direct the activities of technical specialists including process and project engineers.
• Provide a climate for continuous improvement between the plants and tracks progress through the use of key performance indicators.
• Coordinate with Maintenance and Operations management when purchasing equipment and assisting with installations.
• Responsible for initiating and implementing projects, activities or ideas to meet business objectives and financial and production goals.
• Improve the team’s technical skill base by providing consistent, focused training to technical personnel.
• Acts as an interface and establishes best practice engineering process, resulting in common procedures and standards.
• Prepare and review Capital and Expense (CAPEX) business cases, forecast project financial results, and optimize Engineering Cost of operation.
• Relocation provided.
• The Engineering Manager will have a BS degree (engineering major and 8-10 years of experience in chemicals, food ingredients, paper / pulp or similar manufacturing processes.
• 5 years technical/production management and supervisory experience over other engineers.
• Working knowledge of PSM, OSHA and EPA regulations.
• Demonstrated capital project management.
• Proven experience in creating a culture of accountability and creating a high performance culture.
• Six Sigma or Lean manufacturing experience is a plus.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.