- Maintain and monitor safety and industrial hygiene compliance programs for assigned unit operations while optimizing effectiveness and efficiency of the programs.
- Maintain written safety and industrial hygiene programs and procedures.
- Provide governance and oversight of safety and industrial hygiene program within assigned unit.
- Participate in Process Hazards Analysis activities and participate in technical review of process changes as necessary.
- Lead and/or participate in investigation and root cause analysis for accident/ incidents as needed.
- Participate in capital project reviews consistent with the level of safety and industrial hygiene expertise needed.
- Support the site with hazard recognition, job hazard analysis, etc.
- Provide input to Team Leader and interface with regulatory agencies, as needed, on compliance and/or enforcement issues.
- Relocation provided.
- BS Degree in Engineering or Science is required.
- The EHS Specialist must have at least 3 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing plant.
- Environmental, industrial hygiene and safety regulatory knowledge is required.
- Experience with hazard recognition, job hazard analysis and Process Hazards Analysis is a plus.
- CSP or CIH certification a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.