- The Controls Engineer is responsible for design modification, standardization, fabrication and installation of existing equipment components, and improvements in equipment sensors and machine controls for robust process monitoring, control and performance.
- Enhance, troubleshoot, implement, and debug programming for PLCs and HMIs to control mechanical and electrical devices and equipment.
- Work with operators and engineers to manage changes to PLC and HMI functionality for improvements.
- Develop improved control algorithms for process control, automation and safety.
- Relocation provided, regional candidates preferred. About 1 hour from Charlotte. $75K-$85K.
- The Controls Engineer will have a BSEE and 1-5 years of experience in manufacturing plant.
- Experience in PLC programming. Experience with Siemens PLC’s.
- Proficient in data analysis software such as Minitab. Familiarity with data collection systems, electrical control systems, PID controls and loops, motor drives. Technical knowledge of Ethernet, RS 232 /485, and CANBUS protocols (i.e., DEVICENET, PROFIBUS, etc.).
- Ability to create, read and build from electrical schematics.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.