• Develop and support chemical manufacturing trials and studies to prove process improvements, such as cycle time reductions, yield and quality improvements, new raw material introduction. Provide chemical engineering input into design changes including process safety and process control. Lead solving of complex problems related to process, mechanical, control systems, equipment integrity and other disciplines.
Lead development of production plans including operation scheduling and operation conditions.
• The Production Engineer will participate in PHAs, (Process Hazard Analysis), MOCs (Management of Change) and PSSRs (pre-start-up safety reviews).
• Detect problems and situations that require deviation from normal procedures and implement corrective actions.
• Identify needs for equipment modification for considerations of safety, productivity and quality; determine and recommend the most effective and safe design of process equipment.
• Relocation provided.
• BS degree in Chemical Engineering.
• 7+ years of experience as a Production Engineer in a chemical manufacturing environment. Experience with OSHA and PSM.
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively within a diverse group.
• Coach, mentor, and influence all employees in a culture of continuous improvement.
• Should possess solid Chemical Engineering process fundamentals and ability to manage projects.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.