• The Process Controls Engineer will monitor and maintain the site DCS and ensure safety system performance.
• Evaluate BPCS and SIS layers of protect taken from LOPA and develop safety requirement specifications to support layer of protection requirements.
• Evaluate existing controls/safety functions and unit operations to improve operating efficiency and rate, product quality, on-stream factor and economy.
• Develop and make recommendations for new control designs and/or modifications for areas to ensure maximum operating efficiency, return on investment, and meet safety standards.
• Promotes and contributes to successful implementation of projects by providing accurate, timely and thorough design input and specifications/design review by facilitating close coordination and communications with area personnel.
• Provide construction and commissioning support of instruments and control systems for capital projects.
• Relocation provided.
• B.S. degree with an engineering major.
• 5+ years as a Process Controls Engineer or Electrical Engineer in a chemical plant, refinery, or similar process industry.
• Extensive knowledge of PLC and DCS controls systems.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.