• Maintain and monitor safety and industrial hygiene compliance programs for assigned unit operations while optimizing effectiveness and efficiency of the programs.
• Maintain written safety and industrial hygiene programs and procedures.
• Provide governance and oversight of safety and industrial hygiene program within assigned unit.
• Participate in Process Hazards Analysis activities and participate in technical review of process changes as necessary.
• Lead and/or participate in investigation and root cause analysis for accident/ incidents as needed.
• Participate in capital project reviews consistent with the level of safety and industrial hygiene expertise needed.
• Support the site with hazard recognition, job hazard analysis, etc.
• Provide input to Team Leader and interface with regulatory agencies, as needed, on compliance and/or enforcement issues.
• Relocation provided.
• BS Degree in Engineering or Science is required.
• The EHS Specialist must have at least 3 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing plant.
• Environmental, industrial hygiene and safety regulatory knowledge is required.
• Experience with hazard recognition, job hazard analysis and Process Hazards Analysis is a plus.
• CSP or CIH certification a plus.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.