- The EHS Manager is responsible for all facets of day-to-day operations for EHS, including responsibility for safety, environmental compliance, employee engagement, process productivity, efficiency and quality for EHS. Assesses, coaches and grows the plant EHS extended team, enabling the talent and skills necessary to drive continuous improvement towards world-class safety and environmental performance.
- Promote a Zero Injury Safety Culture • Grow EHS and operations team in the deployment, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of Environmental Health and Safety programs, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Manage and implement controls to monitor progress of EHS continuous improvement and compliance for the site. Leverage the data and findings to implement true root cause corrective actions. Grow efforts to minimize any legal regulatory activity from government authorities.
- Collect data and prepare external environmental reports (e.g., OSHA, EPA, SC DHEC, ReWa) as necessary and support responses to governmental agency requests for information on present and past environmental activities.
- Relocation provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (or chemistry or physical sciences or similar), with required specialization in environmental or safety. • Minimum 7 years EHS Management experience in manufacturing or chemical industry.
- ISO 14001, OSHA VPP, safety management systems, project management, hands on experience desired.
- Specialized knowledge and successful track record in the design, implementation, and monitoring of critical EHS programs including those associated with air emissions, auditing, emergency planning, incident investigation, pollution control, spill response, wastewater treatment, waste management, SPCC, TRI reporting and general chemical management.
- Experience with OSHA VPP, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, wastewater.
- Record of implementing and maintaining behavior based
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.