- The Automation Engineer / Controls Engineer will support the electrical department on technical issues to decrease downtime and increase production efficiency through timely maintenance.
- Design and implement test plans to validate that equipment meets functional requirements and prepare written reports summarizing findings. Perform safety analyses and compliance assessments via identification of key risks and issues in order to comply with applicable standards, policies, and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with controls resources to ensure that hardware, software, and the related documentation stay in sync via appropriate change management tools and processes.
- Work with design engineering to develop robust code that delivers desired functionality from equipment under development.
- Relocation provided. About 1 hour from Asheville. $75K-$85K.
- The Automation Engineer / Controls Engineer will have a BS degree with an engineering or controls major.
- 3-5 years of applied professional experience in electrical process control, instrumentation, automation and computer and data communication systems in a manufacturing environment is mandatory.
- Controls engineering, programming PLC’s, manufacturing techniques, tooling, demand flow and ergonomics.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available.